Pages

Sunday 2 August 2015

Anyone who has a heart !

Goodness Gracious Cilla has died ! Aside from the FACT she stuck up for her mates when some of them were being persecuted by the Savile CPS, she had a cracking voice. This one will make you cry, if you have a heart that is !

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAuoNa5g6i8

What's it all about Cilla ? Is it just for the moment we live ? 





Cilla stood up for her very special friend of 50 years, when he was targeted by the media and cops.


 
So, it seems only fitting to let Cliff have the last word on todays sad news. Nice to know that in some circles of celebrity land, solid, loyal folk still exist ! 
 http://www.itv.com/news/update/2015-08-02/sir-cliff-pays-tribute-to-very-wonderful-friend-cilla/

Anyone my age who has a heart, will be sad today !





6 comments:

  1. "The inimitable octogenarian has countless anecdotes but only the one record. Can Paul Mardles fix his aversion to vinyl?

    '"Harder Than Hell!" What's that?' asks Sir James Wilson Vincent Savile, 80, flicking through the menu of cable channel Music Choice, the medium through which he remains in touch with pop. 'The fatal channels for me are the "Sixties" and "Seventies",' he continues, 'because I've got a story for every song.' As if to prove his point, Savile selects a track by Cilla Black, which leads somehow, following numerous digressions, to the DJ's first encounter with the Beatles: on TV's Thank Your Lucky Stars in 1962."
    http://www.theguardian.com/music/2007/apr/22/features.musicmonthly11

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Moor I was going to use that BUT then I thought, what was the song ??. Because of that I left it out, so thanks for adding !

      Delete
  2. RIP Cilla. I didn't know until I read this. And those were two songs I remember well from way back when: good songs, good lyrics and she had a geat voice. I didn't know she went on to become a big tv celebrity - good for her and nice to see that some celebs from that era are/were true to their friends and, having known them well for decades decried the media smearing bullshit. More like Cilla needed to cut the crap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed Wanda ! I have only hazy memories of her as a singer. I do remember 'something tells me something gonna happen tonight' being released, I don't think she did much after that musically. Her next big thing was Blind Date etc. All good Sat night telly, from my child/younghood ! I feel for Cliff tonight, they were like twins in a way !!

      Delete
  3. Well she was my era and I adored her voice. 72, not really that old (he says nervously) and always that sunny Liverpool outlook. And not afraid to stand up for her pals who were being accused of shocking crimes. Total integrity and who cares how many songs were hits- they will stand the test of time.
    Vale Cilla. Say hello to John Lennon from all of us and of course-Sir Jimmy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like Cilla died of a stroke after a fall. Just gets sadder
    http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-08-04/cilla-black-died-following-fall-coroner-confirms

    ReplyDelete