Pages

Friday 9 July 2021

"Because you're innocent, Jimmy"

 Hello again. No I haven't given up on this. I have other things to do, but - now and again, something interesting either happens, or comes my way, and what happened a few days ago, actually blew me away. 

Basically, I was contacted by someone a complete stranger, who'd seen my blog and asked me if I had any clips of Pans People's attendance on Clunk Click the BBC's precursor to Jim'll Fix it.

To cut a not long story short, I managed to dig out the recordings I have and - after some consideration - wondering whether if I should share even respond to the request, I decided - why not ? What harm could be done ? If anything, It would make someone happy, so why not ? Wasn't that what those TV shows were all about ?

So, off went a few clips from the show, after which I removed the disc so I could watch Dance with a Stranger again. There was nothing on TV and I needed a good film.

The person who received the clips was so happy, I decided I'd send more of the footage. I wanted to do as good a job possible, and make sure the clips joined together ( I had sent them in one minute or so bits, because I thought the uploading of 3 or 4 minutes would either - take forever or not send at all !

So - in goes the disc and what the first words I hear is "you're innocent, Jimmy" Not believing my ears, I scrolled back a few seconds, because the disc had started at the exact point I'd last viewed it at, and I wasn't expecting that to happen. I must have stopped the recording on my phone before pausing the video, if that makes sense !

Anyway - the Pans People fan was going to have to wait for those next few clips, while I took in what had just happened. What are the chances of any of this folks ?

1) Someone quite out of the blue, asking if I even had any clips of that show, then me actually being willing to send them ? 

2) The disc starting at that moment ? Of course, this might be perfectly normal in recordings made privately. Normal discs only resume so long as you don't remove them from the player, but I'll not go there, the important thing is the dialogue. Yes, it was probably scripted, but what cannot be scripted is a person's non-verbal behaviour, and let me tell you, those ladies looked pretty relaxed and OK with their host, to me ! 

Here's the dialogue. I've posted this clip to my twitter account, so you can view it here :

https://twitter.com/rabbitaway/status/1412779304753287171




"Because you're innocent, Jimmy" 

Was Jimmy more surprised than me, I wonder ?


Jimmy also mentions that it's three days after Valentine's Day. Clunk Click was broadcast on a Saturday night. The nearest applicable Saturday in 1974 would have been the 23rd February. Someone remind me when this episode actually aired. I've looked on the Radio Times Genome but I don't see any mention of PP as guests. I'll leave that with you guys to sort out !

Onwards !




 


3 comments:

  1. Wonderful, Rabbit!

    Keep at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No matter how far a lie goes, the truth always shines through and the universe works in wonderful ways. Can you please get in touch as I've been campaigning for years and need you and Moor etc to help keep me going strong.

    ReplyDelete