Pages

Tuesday 4 May 2021

My Line in Duty : Part Two

 I was going to write more about the programme - Line of Duty, but in all honesty, what is there to say but - it's not true, it's a BBC Television programme. It wouldn't be fair of me to say, it's shit, I haven't watched enough of it to come to any conclusion as to its merits creatively and dramatically. But, here's what I'd like to say to Jed Mercurio : Mr Mercurio, you should not have brought Jimmy Savile into your story about corrupt police officers. 

I see your latest episode drew record-breaking audience viewing figures and I congratulate you on that, I really do. But you should NOT have portrayed an innocent real person as a convicted felon. 

Jimmy Savile's family reached out to you via social media about this and you snubbed her. All she wanted was for you to engage with her and you refused. What's done is done. You cannot remove her uncle from you television programme, but you could if you are a decent man - consider adding a note at the end of the episode in question. Nothing controversial - just a FACT !

That FACT being that Sir Jimmy Savile was NOT arrested or charged with any offence during his lifetime. Had he been, he'd have had the opportunity to defend himself in a court of law. It's what's commonly known as Natural Justice. 

I invite you to contact me should you wish to discuss the Savile claims in any depth. I have spent almost eight years examining the facts, so I claim some authority on the subject.

In the meantime - let me remind you of the reaction to Jimmy Savile's death almost ten years ago. The press and the media published such articles, would that really have happened if Savile had been half the monster we've been told to believe he was ? Wouldn't the press know ? The same press and media did an about turn on the strength of a television programme full of lies, and presented by a lying ex-police constable - FACT !

Perhaps you should make series 7, 8 or 9 about that ? I'd be more than happy to help you write it !









In 1971, he was awarded an OBE, and, in 1990, he received two knighthoods. The first was from the Queen in her birthday list, and the other from the Pope, who made him a Knight Commander of St Gregory The Great. Only last year, he committed half a million pounds of his own money to students at the University of Leeds, for medical research.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/rockandpopmusic/8857759/Jimmy-Savile-the-big-fixer.html

 I'll leave you with something Jimmy Savile said about corruption. I understood it the first time I read it, I hope you do too !


Oh and this is just one of the hundreds of blog posts I have done. 


https://rabbitaway.blogspot.com/2013/10/an-inspector-calls.html



No comments:

Post a Comment