Pages

Monday 3 May 2021

My Line in Duty

 Goodness Gracious how long has it been ? 

Semi-retired ex Detective Inspector Rabbit signing in for duty. Nobody called me back into service like they do in them awful-oft-repeated shit films. No, I act as and when required. I may be late to this particular party, but when I come, I bring something with me - ME !

OK straight to business - Recently this appeared on my Twitter timeline.



The person Carolina was tweeting was this chap. I hadn't heard of him before, I don't watch his show, but it certainly attracts great notices. My sense of duty bade me to find out more, so here I am ! 




It's called 'Line of Duty'. It's not just popular - it's mega-so and then some ! Every time another episode airs, it's number one trending on Twitter. Never mind oxygen for India, what happened in this weeks : Line of Duty ? That's life I suppose, and we all need a bit of a distraction from the madness we're currently living in. Fiction works for most people. I prefer non-fiction myself, but I do love a good drama, especially if it's based on a 'true story'. 

That said - I do like alleged 'true' stories to actually be as near the truth as possible. All fictionalised drama's 'based on a true story' are allowed some poetic licence, a few words put in the long ago convicted mass-murderer's mouth, who cares ? There had to be some dialogue between John Reginald Christie and his wife prior to her internment under the floorboards in their front room, and only a script-writer can provide words Ethel unfortunately couldn't. 

But the producer's of Line of Duty made a huge mistake - as far as I'm concerned, when they chose to include references and an image of Sir Jimmy Savile in episode 2 broadcast in March 2021. 



I don't know if that's a photo-shopped image of Jimmy Savile with fictionalised character's ? Someone let me know. But, what really got me was the dialogue that went with it. Here's how the press outlined the story, including PART of the dialogue of 



The fictionalised report from outside court continued 

" We now realise what Savile was getting out of those relationships with senior Police Officers. What remains to be seen is what they were getting out of their relationship with Savile ?"

Ouch ! Where does fiction end and alluding to established fact's begin one wonders ? Now, bear with me here, I have NOT watched this or any other episode of this show, but I'm sure I'd be a tad angry if I just happened to be someone who was - in real life - friendly with JS and I just happened to be a totally innocent ex-Police officer 


That script jars on me for another reason ! I've heard it before and it wasn't true then either ! It was in Exposure : Part 2 or whatever it was called, broadcast in November 2012, which began with the words :

"We now know Jimmy Savile was a predatory paedophile for more than 40 years" (Mark Williams-Thomas ex-police constable turned tv presenter). 

Of course, 'we' knew nothing of the sort, either then or now, almost nine years later. We do know more about Mr Williams-Thomas, as much as we've been allowed to know that is. The ex-police constable who was arrested, and charged with the criminal offence of attempted blackmail, still being paid by the gutter for his expertise on spotting 'bent coppers' The irony 



It appears a lot of folks were pissed to see Jimmy Savile appear in an episode of their favourite show. Not for the same reasons 'Carolina' was mind ! Oh no ! They were just pissed because they are fools who hate the very sight of JS because the swallowed the lies presented by a bent ex-police officer who was cleared of the blackmail rap but not of his attempts to SELL the names of alleged sex abuse complainants. These are facts, the latter we 'now know' thanks to a High Court Judge ! 



Here's how the show's fans reacted





So this isn't the first time Jed's folk have used Savile in their show for entertainment purposes ? I must be getting a bit rusty on all this. Thankfully someone else called him out before now. Our friend 'Bandini' who I send my best wishes to, if he's reading this !








I've no idea what that last one is about, but it made me smile, so it goes in !

Anyway I'll be signing off duty for today, but I'll be back shortly with more. I haven't finished my investigations YET ! 























3 comments:

  1. Excellent blog, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Excellent and informative blog. Do you have a copy of the Clunk Click episode featuring Pan's People? If so may I have a copy for my personal collection. Anything featuring JS is very limited and I've always wanted to see this episode. My email is:tdowe76@gmail.com.
    Looking forward to your next post.
    Kind Regards,
    Anthony.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My problem with the entire JS situation is the fact that the Man isn't here to defend himself against all accusations. Why didn't these accusers say anything when JS was still living? Too much hearsay for my taste.

    ReplyDelete