Pages

Saturday 29 September 2018

In whose bedroom was Ford allegedly attacked ?

I've decided that the least stressful way to approach this case is to blog as certain questions come to me. The last few days I've been comparing and contrasting what CBF said at the Senate Judiciary Committee to what she said elsewhere, specifically in her original letter to Senator Feinstein.

The 'full unredacted letter' was published in various publications. I cannot access the Washing Post because it's pay-walled,  but thankfully, Newsweek magazine isn't ! 

https://www.newsweek.com/christine-blasey-fords-unredacted-letter-accusing-brett-kavanaugh-sexual-1135066 

The latest news on the story is that the FBI will, rightfully in my opinion, be investigating the claims, and that's no small juice. As NPR very helpfully - and more importantly - impartially explain, lying to a Senate Committee is one thing, lying to the Feds is quite another ! 

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/28/652558787/what-difference-would-it-make-if-the-fbi-were-to-investigate-kavanaugh






OK, so let's go to the contents of the letter as published in Newsweek. The way CBF describes the incident in her letter is different to what she said later, and contrary to what some may claim - these differences are, as far as I'm concerned quite important !  I've already covered the number of party-goers angle, so I'll not repeat that right now !

1) WHO allegedly pushed her into that bedroom ? 
July 30th Version 


The Polygraph Statement Version 7th August 2018





  

How does she go from K pushing her to she's not sure if it was him or his friend ? Now, it is of course, perfectly reasonable to not know who pushed you from behind, indeed - how would she know it was BK ? So why say this in her letter to Feinstein ?

Now - read what she says to the JSC on 27th September 


Why has she inserted the "I drank one beer" into this account ? What's happened to make her remember the fact she'd only drank one beer ? Would you remember this ? I don't think I would, but it sounds like a good way of saying, I wasn't drunk, like they were. I could speculate more, but I'll not. 

But, here's the corker for me. Here's something that jumped right at me - the bit about the music ! No, not the loud music that was playing downstairs - the music already playing in the room she's been pushed into ! 

2) Whose room did this alleged attack take place in ? This is someone's bedroom right ? That person must surely have been in the house at the same time ? CBF has to know exactly whose house this was. She remembers the names of just about everyone who was there, so she must know not only WHOSE house it was, but where this bloody house was !

I don't know about you but I'm suspicious of anyone whose story keeps changing, and the more I listen to and read about CBF the less credible I find her story. Not necessarily her by the way - her story ! There's a difference between the two ! 

To be continued

 
https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/politics/a23489662/christine-blasey-ford-opening-statement-transcript-brett-kavanaugh-hearing/


 

3 comments:

  1. This blew me away (and I'm surprised it hasn't been commented on more):
    the polygraph test.

    Around about the 2'50" mark she reveals that the test was taken on, er, the day of her grandmother's funeral. Er, or perhaps the next day!
    I understand that remembering details from a childhood event isn't the easiest but here she is talking about two fairly memorable events - a family funeral & a lie-test - which happened only a few weeks previously. How on earth could she be in any doubt about this? I have a rotten memory but I'd have had no problem here. Most odd.

    (Prior to the confusion over the date of the test her lawyers have to turn her microphone off a couple of times to confer with their client.)

    And regarding the FBI investigation that many were demanding, particularly in order to have Judge interviewed, didn't they think to at least try the police route first?

    "The Department [Montgomery County Police Department] , however, stands prepared to assist anyone who reports being the victim of a sexual assault. Typically, in a sexual assault case, the cooperation of the victim or witnesses is necessary. As with any criminal investigation, a determination must be made as to the jurisdiction where the alleged offense occurred and the specific details of the event to establish a potential criminal charge.
    Our Department is ready to investigate any claim of sexual assault that is alleged to have occurred within our County."

    Statement from the Montgomery County Police Department Regarding Victim Accusations of Supreme Court Nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

    It seems that a statute of limitations MAY apply, though perhaps not. Ah, but she doesn't want him prosecuted... only publicly destroyed.

    P.S. Bloody great telly though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pin-up Canadian German criminologist Julia Shaw, author of best-selling book The Memory Illusion, said in an interview that the polygraph is not, definitely not, reliable. She does, however, see no reason not to believe Ford and thinks that the Me Too phenomenon is "a good start". (She also voted against Brexit, which comes as no surprise. And I don't think she likes the Donald.)

      Delete
  2. For what it's worth - probably not a lot as it's purely subjective and I know people don't make reliable lie detectors - he seemed more genuine in his manner than her. Her faltering little girl voice, that seemed odd to me in a woman of her age, even allowing for nerves, made me wonder if she was putting it on.

    ReplyDelete